Linux Interview Questions and Answers for L2 - II
Recently i have faced interview, on this post shared questions and answers,
1) How to check the currently mounted file systems in server?
commands are :
mount (or) df (or) cat /proc/mounts
2) How do you check the memory status in RedHat?
We can check memory status using free or top command,
# free -m
3) Which files need to be edited for configuring network and assign IP in RedHat linux?
We will make changes for network configuration such as assign/change IP address/subnet/gateway, onboot.
# vi /etc/sysconfig/network-scripts/ifcfg-eth0 or ifcfg-eth1 (Interface name)
4) Command used to configure NIS master and NIS client ?
ypinit command to use to configure NIS
-m option to configure master
-s option to configure slave
ypinit -m --> to configure master
ypinit -s --> to configure slave
5) What is Command to scan a new disk in Solaris server?
6) what is Command to check if SELinux is enabled or not?
7) What is the use of clustering?
Clustering is the use of multiple storage devices and redundant interconnections. Also can be used for storage, load balancing high availability and High performance.
8 ) If you want to change the lookup order of password for a user to NIS first and then to local files in server, what need to be done?
Edit /etc/nsswitch.conf and make the configuration changes like given below.
passwd: nis files
9) Where can we check the bonding (interface bonding) status in Linux?
the bond name is bond0 check as below.
Also the bonding configurations are present under the below path
/etc/sysconfig/network-scripts/ifcfg-bond0 (This can be bond0, bond1 etc)
10) Can we present a SAN disk directly to virtual machine and used by an oracle database. If yes what type of mapping it is called in vmware?
Yes. It’s called Raw device mapping (RDM)
Interview Questions for Linux Admin L2