1. What is command to determine File System Types?
[root@local]# df -T
2. What is ethernet Bounding ?
Filesystem Type 1K-blocks Used Available Use% Mounted on
/dev/sda1 ext4 495844 36118 434126 8% /boot
/dev/sda3 ext4 476186680 72478892 398871248 16% /
tmpfs tmpfs 1013176 1156 1012020 1% /dev/shm
Ethernet bounding is used to combine multiple interfaces into one, creating an increase available bandwidth and redundancy. This is done by creating a special network interface file called a channel bonding interface
3. When troubleshooting TCP Wrappers where do you find out ?
We can use the /var/log/secure file to view information from the log file. Its very helps to determine if something is wrong with specific details.
4. How do you allow SSH login a single ip address?
Yes, it’s possible to allow only a single IP address to be able to connect the server, Open /etc/hosts.allow by any text editor (vim,vi,nano) and add the below line like this:
5. How do you allow SSH port number through Iptables?
sshd : 192.168.1.100
# iptables -I INPUT -p tcp -m tcp --dport 22 --dport -j ACCEPT
6. SSH enforcing password length and complexity?
-I => Inserting Rules
- INPUT => Input chains
-m => matching only TCP connections
--dport => Incomming connections
-j => Jumping the acceptance chain to all the locate
-p => Protocol (tcp)
Both the pam_cracklib and pam_passwdqc modules are used in enforcing password length and complexity
7. How do you validate the syntax of the Apache config file?
# service httpd configtest
8. What are the two main NFS security types?
9. What command is used to dump a mysql database?
Mysqldump –u root –p password database_name > backup_database.sql
10. What does the testparm command do?
The testparm command is used to check syntax errors in the /etc/samba/smb.conf file.